Thursday, May 22, 2014

OOTD #3: Grown Sexy

SPIKES.

Feeling a little "punk" today, so I decided to go with the spikes. To be honest, I haven't wore or even seen spikes like these ones, since the 7th grade when it was cool to wear vans skateboarder shoes and Dickies black pants and listen to Avril Lavine (she is so punk rock). And I'm not saying I know anyone who dressed like that, in particular...all I'm saying is that is the last time I've ever seen them...around. Popular, trendy and totally reflective of my awkward adolescence.

Speaking of awkward, how awkward was middle school? So many different classes, trying to get into the "smart classes" but trying not to look too "smart," new friends, new people, new teachers, school dances, organized competitive sports, gym?, PUBERTY, dating, kissing behind the lockers... the list goes on and on. I know we've all gone through it, to one extent or another. I'm just glad I had some pretty amazing girlfriends to get me through it, see below... (and what was I thinking? Those shoes were twice as big as my feet!)

Anyway, in my "punk" spirit today I thought I would rock my spikes, channel my inner 7th grader (but in a more "grown-sexy" kind of way) and dress for this WARM weather. 80 degrees is sure feeling nice. Nothing like the sun to brighten the mood and lift your spirits. I also love the fact the campus is pretty much dead. Summer is always slower for us which means more free picnic benches and lesser crowds to fight at the CougarEat. Because trust me, waiting in line for 25 minutes to get a freaking 6" turkey on wheat no cheese toasted, is a real pain the *%&#&. But I digress..

So have a happy Thursday or #tbt, whichever you decide. We're hittin' up the Art City Donut Truck tonight for some hot and mini donuts covered in whip cream, strawberries, cinnamon sugar, blueberries and who knows WHAT else. I am so stoked. Hopefully so are my stretchy pants when I roll into them tonight. More on that to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment