Friday, May 23, 2014

Donut Heaven

We finally got to try Art  City Donuts last night and it. was. heaven. I mean, literally...soft billowy clouds of cinnamon-sugar, golden brown dough, crispy on the outside but almost gooey on the inside and still piping hot from the fryer. They were even covered a warm cream cheese frosting that really brought it all together. My favorite part, (beside sneaking an extra donut while Derek wasn't looking), was scraping all the "leftover" good stuff at the bottom of the basket (aka, clumps of cinnamon- sugar). It was delicious! 

But next time, we will for sure bring our own water. We were DYING halfway through and could barely swallow by the time we finished the basket (which was perfect for us to split). So afterward, we went to Sonic and ordered LARGE ice waters, strawberry limemade and of course half prices shakes.

I think I'm going to start my own food truck.. talk about a dream job! Driving around, selling tasty treats and enjoying the warm summer nights. All I need is a great idea... I'm open to suggestions. So far I've brainstormed crepes, funnel cakes or "steaks and tates" (as per Tom's request). I think next Thursday we're going to hit up this big event and get inspiration. Let the summer begin!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment