Monday, July 29, 2013

The Results

I know this is looong overdue, but I wanted to post my end results from the Y Be Fit program I completed at BYU. I also ended the "30-day" challenge from YoungNHealthy at that point too. So really that 30-day thing turned more into a four month thing, but I'm not complaining. I SAW RESULTS! They were fantastic. I FEEL fantastic. I started this journey weighing in at my highest of 148 lb. and ended it at 133 lb. Ta-freaking-da! I lost a total of 15 pounds over the course of four months and I feel AWESOME! I am so proud of how far I've come but can tell you it did not come easy. It was probably the hardest thing I've had to do, so far in my life. The most amazing thing though, I still enjoyed life. I ate the occasional brownie, cookie and ice cream cone. Heck, there were even weekends when I went plum crazy with grilled meats, potato salads and key lime pie! It was awesome and sometimes, well deserved but really I've learned to scale back those items (remember, it's a lifestyle change...) and not eat them all the time.

Overall, I think working out for an hour+, 5x a week and changing my eating habits (cutting back on sweets- sort-of, smaller portion sizes and counting calories) helped me loose the weight. Obviously I won't be working out 5x a week-- every single week for the rest of my life but I've started to incorporate those healthy practices I've learned into my daily routines and I think that's what it's all about. Forming habits. Like loosing the hamburger buns and wrapping my turkey patty in lettuce instead, or using light mayo instead of regular and substituting applesauce for vegetable oil in my zucchini bread. Little things, go a long way.

Results:

Body Fat Percentage
Before                             After
30.4%                             26.2%
Moderate High                Fair

Body Mass Index
Before               After
23.7                   21.6
Acceptable        Acceptable

Abdominal Circumference
Before              After
31 in                 27.5 in
Low Risk         Low Risk

Waist to Hip Ratio
Before                        After
.80                             .72
Moderate Risk           Desirable 

Strength:

Bench Press/Weight Ratio:
Before             After
.56                   .63
Poor                 Average

Leg Press/Weight Ratio
Before                       After
2.01                           3.17
Excellent                   Excellent

Sit-and-Reach
Before                     After
20.5 in                     23 in
Excellent                 Excellent

Estimate Max VO2
Before                               After
43.1/ml/kg/min.                47.7/ml/kg/min.
Very good                          Excellent


The ones highlighted in red are what I'm most stoked about! The VO2 test, if you're unfamiliar, means that my body is utilizing it's oxygen better and my heart is pumping slower because it's not working as hard. This makes me so happy!!

Well, this all ended July 17th so these last few weeks I've been on "sort-of" a hiatus... and by "sort-of" I mean like hello two happy pounds later... but I'm am back on track! I really want to reach my END GOAL, so I'm going to seriously buckle down this next month and reach it. Like, for reals. It's happening. So here we go again! This journey is never ending... 

Thanks for all the love, btw. It's been the nicest :)

///xoxo

**And sorry no pics.. my phone decided to DIE this morning. RIP whitey (not to be confused with the truck). 











1 comment: