Friday, January 3, 2014

So maybe I'll just say whats up

It's pretty obvious that I've been away for a while. Once I completed my weight loss challenge and was finally happy with the weight I was at, I sort-of plateaued. I was/am still working out but have scaled back to only about four times a week, trying to keep in mind portion control and what I put into my body. It's still a challenge and of course the holiday's were no support but considering past years, I think I did okay. Yes there was pie, lots of pie, and cookies and cake (D's birthday) and other tasty devils but now it's the new year and time for me to strap back in the saddles. That's what we do in January, right? Go through denial, self loath, then polish off those running shoes? Yup, that will be me and rightly so because hey guess what, I didn't work out AT ALL for the last two weeks...but I'm okay with that since we were in CALIFORNIA.

Christmas break, D and I both got about 10 tens off so we took advantage and drove out to Santa Rosa. It was heaven. We soaked in the sun, played on the beach, breathed in the Redwoods, visited my old house and spent lots of time catching up with dear friends and family. It was great. We even made it to our second Raider game vs the Broncos, which once again presented itself to be an eye opener. But D had a great time, especially toward the end when the Raiders finally decided to show up and score two touchdowns in the last three minutes.

Our life has been pretty steady though. On the surface. We both have been fully absorbed with our jobs and learning new things in our chosen professions. D loves teaching but hates the commute. He has enjoyed coaching his freshmen boys at Brighton and I have loved watching them. They are actually really good! My job is great. As you can see, my last post was in July before Fall semester hit. Fall semester at BYU is our busy by far, especially with our commitments to football. I enjoyed working as an Event Coordinator in the Cougar Room and selling lots of tiny old men bratwursts and nachos. They were super sweet and really passionate about BYU which was fun to admire. My favorite part was helping put together the ice cream sundaes that the second floor loge boxes get to order right after half time. They are a MESS and we time ourselves to make them all in under 10 minutes. I think we accomplished this goal once but ended up giving our staff free ice cream anyway. It was a looong season.

Other than that, I'm doing better. I've emotionally had a rough couple of months but am choosing to be happy every day. Through my own trials I've learned so much about myself and the sweet man I married. He's been my rock. Hands down, the anchor that holds me in place. He has taught me how to look on the bright side, stay positive and take each day one at a time. I am so grateful for him because now I know that no matter how hard life gets, he will always be at my side, fighting for me. I just hope I can do the same.

I've especially learned to lean on my Savior. To literally pour my heart out in prayer and fasting, knowing that He is there, listening and loving me all along the way. He knows what I'm going through and He has been by my side in the darkest of hours. He is real, He is there and I know He has a plan for me. My greatest challenge is and always will be, trying to understand what that is.

The new year is upon us and yes I will make resolutions, yes I will review my past goals and yes I will try to work out like crazy again. But until I decide what those resolutions are, I'm just going to keep on living and trying to be happy and better every day. Some that I've already thought of:
-Create and maintain a budget
-Save save save lots of money
-Get my face out of my stupid phone and in front of real people
-Develop meaningful, real relationships with the people who matter
-Be less free with my words
-Learn a new skill
-Grow within my job
-Pay off our car
-Loose 5 lbs and maintain

These are just a few that popped into my head. I'm sure more will come. Until then, have a righteous Friday :)


No comments:

Post a Comment