Monday, July 15, 2013

The Final Week

This is it!

 Today finally marks the last week of my Y Be Fit program and reaching my ideal weight goal  (fingers crossed).  I am three freaking pounds away. Ahahshgh! I just want them off. But I really can't blame anyone but myself since I was the one who ate the Granny's Almond Joy milkshake and the Red Baron's Caramel Cashew milkshake in Star Valley. (Ya don't feel at all guilty for that one) So here I am, three days away and running toward the finish line. But looking back I can honestly say I feel accomplished. I won't be giving up anytime soon but I know I have come so far from where I've started. I'm nervous but excited to post before and after pics on Wednesday. All I'm praying for is a noticeable comparison, oh please!

Recently we took a trip to Star Valley to visit Derek's family and hometown and to show our friends Tom and Jenny around. We also booked a scenic river rafting trip in Jackson, which was so much fun minus the hale that belted us right before AND after the ride. But it was worth it! We hung out with old friends, made tin foil dinners, roasted s'mores, played games and really just relaxed. A much needed getaway.

Before the trip we spent the 4th with my family in Orem. We went to our ward's patriotic breakfast and ceremony at the crack of dawn after a long night of backyard camping and bbq'ing with friends from the ward. We had a blast. Later that day we grilled at my Uncle's house and I made red, white and blue layered rice krispies. Delish and so simple. We swam, layed out in the sun and celebrated my grandma's eighty-something birthday. It was perfect. Afterwards, we marched up to BYU and watched the Stadium of Fire. Carly was forgettable and Kelly did amazing as expected. We loved singing to her songs and her finale "What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger" was icing on the cake. Great performance all around!

So that's a little recap of lately. Derek has started slowly working on refinishing a room down in our basement and I am still working and getting ready for football season. This will be my fifth week of 5am workouts and I intend to finish it strong! I might even continue to do it after the challenge ends just because I actually like it now. I feel much more productive with my days and I end up burning more calories through out the day when I do. It's great- again I would recommend it if you can.

Here's to the next two days! Let's hope I hit my ideal weight goal by Wednesday...it's so CLOSE I CAN TASTE IT!

///xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. you're fitness journey is so inspiring! finish strong girl! we're rooting for ya!

    ReplyDelete