Friday, June 28, 2013

Starting Summer Right

Summer time is here! And we are blazing into the sun with full glory.  Derek and I have been staying busy this week. He's officially done with his lawn care job as of yesterday and could not have planned for a more perfect time. 103F today AND tomorrow! Thank goodness he doesn't have to work out in that heat...

Speaking of working out.. I just completed my third week in a row of working out at 5am! Don't be fooled... I don't work out everyday at 5am, just M, W, F. Tuesday/Thursdays I work out after work to give me a little rest. Sleeping in now till 6:45am is a treat! It's fun, I actually really enjoy it. Gives me time to relax after work, hang out with friends and still get things done around the house. But by 9pm I'm usually beat! I've realized my body's still adjusting and will eventually get used to being thinner and eating less, once things have evened out. It's a process. But I would definitely recommend a morning work out or two, if you have time (and for that matter, the motivation). I even heard that you burn 20% more fat when you work out in the morning before eating. Granted that's hear-say but it's worked for me so far!

So now our summer has officially started! Last year we felt like we got jipped since D and I were living in two separate states and trying to make it work. It sucked. So this summer we are taking advantage of every weekend. Here are a few pics of life, lately.


 Yesterday on my lunch break, I walked over to the Museum of Art and enjoyed some of their displays. They were actually pretty neat.
Marshmallow experiment. Done over 1,000x by this lady.

We rode bikes 2x this week. Once to Munchies and once to Shaved Ice. Worth it.
I seriously love these fools.
My babes. At Summerfest in Orem after the fireworks.


Just a quick update. I'm down 2 more pounds and only have 2 more to go! I weighed in after my workout this morning and was only 1.6 pounds over my ideal so I'm pretty freakin' stoked. My body is tired but I feel SO dedicated to getting this done, it's ridiculous. I'm so close and won't stop until I'm at my ideal consistently. The tricky part coming up... maintaining. Any tips for staying in the zone?

This last pic was taken Monday after realizing my shade shirt didn't show my love handles and any other extra "love" that it used too. My work pants hardly fit anymore and many of my other cloths are feeling very baggy. I love it. Great new excuse for some new outfits, right babe? ;) 

And just a plug, I LOVE this cereal. It tastes so good and has 10grams of protein! For only 3/4 cup its 120 cals and it keeps me feeling full for several hours after. Definitely worth a try.

Vanilla Almond is my second favorite. I switch between these two regularly. Though it doesn't have has much protein, its only 110 cals for 3/4 cup and I like the taste of it. It's a nice mix up. What's your favorite cereal?

///xoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. Hi5 with your fitness routine! you inspire me! keep it up Becca!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mrs. Detherage. Back at ya! I love having a fitness buddy to stay motivated with. We got this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! Imma definitely try that cereal :) you've inspired me girl, been to the gym almost everyday for two weeks all thanks to youuuuuu

    ReplyDelete