Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Day 6 and my big FIRST

Today is day 6 of my 30 day challenge and I'm feeling like I can do this, minus the few exceptions that the weekend always seems to bring. Seriously I don't know what it is but Monday through Friday night-ish, I'm fine! I can stick to the meals and workout regime and totally feel no pressure. But once 5pm comes Friday afternoon, I mentally check out. Maybe it's because I'm so tried and feel like I deserve a party or something but for the most part, its just tough. This weekend was so exception. Friday I ate my regular meals, but when I came home my brother-in-law and his wife and three kids were at our house and ready for a full-fledged Mexican bbq. It was so good. The guys grilled carne asada, asparagus, onions with mayo and mexican seasoning, elote and quesadillas with Oaxaca cheese..droooooooling. So I cheated a bit but tried to eat as many veggies as I could.  Does anyone have any good tips for weekend eating? How do you stay focused and dedicated to your meal regime? I would love to know...

So Saturday came and that was a whole other story...I started with a great breakfast, oatmeal with chi seed, flax, blueberries, bananas and honey but then lunch and dinner rolled into an entire waffle mess. They were delish but not on the challenge menu so I buckled down and recommitted on Sunday. Sunday consisted on Special K Protein Cereal, low fat milk and 1/2 cup of cantaloupe, watermelon and a turkey wrap with avocado on a whole wheat tortilla and a turkey burger with 1 cup steamed veggies. I might or might not have snuck in a cranberry, chocolate chip cookie... or two... and you might or not be able to find the recipe here... just sayin' ;)

Which brings me to yesterday, a day where I accomplished one of my very own personal firsts. Yesterday's day looked like this:

Breakast
3 egg whites
Leftover 1/2 cup oatmeal (w/ chi seed and flax)
1 banana sliced
2 tsp. honey drizzled on top

Morning Snack
Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla Yogurt
1 tbsp. granola w/ raisins

Lunch
Subway Oven Roasted Chicken Breast on Wheat
Apple slices

Afternoon Snack
1 Babybel Swiss Soft Cheese triangle
16 low fat wheat things

GYM.
So Mondays are my usual "run" days meaning I do nothing but run for a straight 45 minutes for my cardio which is usually a dreadful experience everytime because I really hate running. I mean, its okay but I get so bored on the treadmill and find that my eyes wander all around the room trying to make the time go by faster. Well yesterday I started my run and was feeling great. Side note: I've decided that when I run at the gym, I can't look at the clock on the wall or else I'll go crazy counting down every second. So instead, I "check" the TV (aka The Big Bang Theory that plays everyday when I'm there), to monitor my time. Works much better for me. Anyway, so I was probably 20 minutes into my run and still felt great..... unusual because by this time I'm usually gasping for air and holding my side with an abnormally painful cramp that makes me want to fall over, but then 30 minutes went by, 35, 40 came and 45 went. I ended up running a total of 60 MINUTES STRAIGHT or total of 5.77 miles without evening blinking...or grabbing my side...it was a miracle! A first every accomplish for myself! My body never felt so invigorated and energized. I felt like I could have kept running another 20 minutes if I wanted. Two words came to my mind after my treadmill eventually stopped, "It's working."

"I will stop wishing for the body I want and start working for it instead."

After my run I finished the rest of the day's workout, according to the challenge and finished the night up with another scrumptious trukey burger.

Dinner
1 turkey burger patty
1 thin whole grain hamburger bun
romaine lettuce leaf
tomato slice
sliced onion
1 tbsp. ketchup
1 cup steamed veggies

My two cents at the end of all this is pretty such summed up in a quote I found on Pinterest (classy, I know) it says, 

"It takes time to see your body transforming. Be patient. Don't give up. You could be losing so much, but maybe you can't realize that. Keep going and you'll be amazed. I PROMISE you."

///xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment