Thursday, May 16, 2013

Day 1

Yesterday was my first real day of starting the 30 day challenge, provided by YoungNHealthy. Again if you missed that, check out my previous post about all the deets.

So here's what my day 1 consisted of:

Breakfast
3 egg whites
1 whole wheat toast
1 TBSP. avacado spread
1 cup mixed fruit

Morning Snack
Dannon Light and Fit Yogurt (80 calories)
Blueberries and granola (about 2 tsp)

Lunch
Subway Oven Roasted Chicken Chopped Salad
(Side note: I LOVE Subway..never thought I would say that...but I can go onto their website and calculate exactly how many calories my meal is. The single serving of Oven Roasted Chicken, with red wine vinegar and salt & pepper and NO cheese, comes to 160 calories. It doesn't sound like a lot but if you haven't gotten the salad before, it's actually quiet a bit of food. Totally fills me up. 
My salad consisted of: Lettuce, spinach, one oven roasted chicken breast, red onions, black olives, pickles, cucumbers and tomatoes. Delish!

Afternoon Snack
Veggie Chips (16 for 110 calories)
 Babybel Cheese (70 calories)

I have found that the best time for me to workout is right right after work. I literally come home, change and go. If I think about it or sit on the couch for even just a second I get comfortable and tired. So I don't even go there. It has become more like a routine now and second nature.

So yesterday, as part of the challenge, I completed this workout.

Wednesday Workout
-5 minute warm up on the treadmill
-50 mountain climbers
-5 reps of 10 girl pushups
-Three ab workouts
-5 reps of 10 tricep dips
-5 reps of 10 squats (I pivoted my feet out to workout the inner theigh)
-45 minutes of interval running on the treadmill 
(I actually found this workout on Pinterest and it works great for me)
**My health coach also recommended doing interval training twice a week since you burn greater absolute fat.. I think is how she put it. Anyway, it's good for you and works that buh-tootie out!

Dinner
5 ounce chicken breast, with lemon pepper
1 cup steamed broccili, cauliflower and carrots
1/2 cup brown rice

I also drank four bottles of water throughout the day. 

Overall, I felt great yesterday! I had enough energy to complete my workout and not keel over and I felt full at the end of the day. I have learned that 1 cup of veggies is actually more filling that it looks.

That was my day 1 and today marks day 2. We're going out to eat tonight for celebrate Derek's new job with my grandparents and I'm acutally kind of nervous! Day 2 and I'm already bending the rules but.. I can't not go. So I've already looked up the menu and decided on (I think) soup and salad. I'll let you know how it goes! Control, control, control..... ///xoxo

(Last night's dinner) 

2 comments:

  1. you should check out myfitnesspal.com You can log on and keep track of all of your calories in their food database, they seriously have every food/brand on there. You can also log your exercise to see how many calories you are burning etc. It is a really useful site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a myfitnesspal account and tried it for a while but then stopped. Now I use NOOM, which I like. It's pretty much the same thing.

    ReplyDelete