Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Curb the Craving

Oh hey.

Lately I've been craving random sweet treats like no other. I think it's because I know I can't have them... I hate that. They hit me the hardest after lunch (so I pop a stick of gum instead), on the weekends (Saturday night ice cream cone, anyone?) and Sunday night after our family dinner (hence the lemon bar breakdown). What is the deal! I never used to think we needed to have a sweet treat after meals but every since I met a certain someone, it has almost become in breaded in me. Growing up we had the occasional sweet treat, my mom's attempt at chocolate chip cookies, or her perfectly soft cinnamon rolls (last night were chocolate topped peanut bars) but it wasn't like an every night occurrence. Then college hit and it all went down hill.

I don't what it is about having six single ladies living all together under the same roof, boy-crazy and wide awake until 3 AM but that combination is NOT good. I definitely gained that freshmen 15 and maintained that weight for a looooongg time. Pretty much up until recently when I started getting serious about loosing. So here I am, missing my sweet heavenly piece of key lime pie, peanut butter m&m's and double-stuffed oreos, wishing I could just stuffed my face full of them and not even care about a single calorie. UGHGHgghhhh darn those sugar cravings!!

So if you care, at this point in the game I am day-dreaming about....
Chocolate Drizzled Chocolate Macroons (from BYU, seriously so bomb! And you can order them from Food-To-Go anytime!) 
Peanut Butter M&M's (that are currently sitting in my candy jar that I bought on our way home from Memorial Day weekend...must resist)
Lemon Bars (made over the weekend, delish and refreshing and only two left....hhmmm)
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Fudge Frosted Brownies (again, from BYU)
Raspberry Cheesecake cookie from Subway 
(I pass by them everyday getting my lunch and I think maybe, just maybe, one day I'll order one...)

Geesh! What is this?! I feel like I have a brain of an 8-month pregnant women! This is not normal but I think I've figured out WHY I have all these cravings.... it's because I TALK ABOUT FOOD EVERYDAY!!!! A majority of my job consists of talking about mint and fudge frosted brownies, lemon and 7-layer bars, chocolate chip, peanut butter, oatmeal raisin, snickerdoodle and double chocolate cookies, eclairs, cream filled puff pastries, butter and sugar and shortening OH MY!

So really, can you blame? This is really just helping me vent, once again and get it out there so that you know, I'm human. And totally vulnerable just like the next girl for anything covered in cocoa.

Do not think I'm a perfect angel during this 30-day challenge, weekends I usually slip in something sweet but throughout the week.... it's a no no and that's the hardest part. Saying "no" to the offer has definitely gotten easier but I think it will always be a challenge since I'm consistently surrounded by it.....well here's to another stick of peppermint gum and making it through the next two hours.

////xoxoxo

My heaven on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment