Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Challenge the Cardio



Its HUMP DAY!
I love short weeks, it makes the weekend that much closer and the week goes by so much faster. Horay for the hump.

So every Wednesday I meet with my Y Be Fit Coach (and not to brag but she's awesome. She totally lets me vent and rant and rave about my goals and cheats for the week. It's so great having a mentor through out all this).

Anyway, so today we talked about Memorial Day weekend and how I tried to stick the plan the best I could and how hard it is to stick with something during a holiday or when you're on vacation. So I recommitted to my coach and made two new goals for this new week.

Goals
Work out 5x this week (60 minutes for cardio)
Stick to the meal plan from the 30 day challenge

I know they are simple but writing them out helps me stick to them.

Lately I've been feeling like I'm on a "plateau." In total I've lost about 10 pounds but I still have another 10 I want to loose. So I asked my coach what to do and she suggested upping my cardio workout. As part of the plan, I work out 45 minutes 5x week which I feel like is pretty reasonable amount of time. In total I'm at the gym for about hour and half. But to really loose weight and get off this HUMP, she suggested upping my cardio from 45 minutes to 60, for 5x week. So that's what I'm going to do, starting today! Whenever I think of cardio, I think of running, running and more running (my favorite) but my coach told me that biking, elliptical or doing whatever for a good 45-60 minutes while maintaining a steady heart-rate will produce the best results. So that's part of my goal this week. Cardio for 60 minutes to get off this plateau! I let you know how it goes!


///xoxoxo

It's all about perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment